Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
The Bone Sparrow
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Subhi’s spent his whole life in prison, but he’s committed no crime. Think this is sci-fi? If only. It’s life right now in an Australian refugee camp. School can feel like a prison. But Subhi’s world is the real thing. A huge cage of wire fences, menacing guards and dusty tents. He was born there. He’s never been outside. Every scorching day is the dusty old same. But at night, the sea finds its way to his tent, carrying odd treasures. And one day it brings him Jimmie. Clutching a book she can’t even read and wearing a bone trinket round her neck, she brings Subhi the key to her past – and possibly to his future, too…
- A vivid, moving story about a refugee born in detention
- Essential reading for fans of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
- Based on the real-life experiences of Rohingya refugees
- A wonderful tale exploring freedom, hope and stories
“A special book” – Morris Gleitzman, author of Once
“Tragic, beautifully crafted and wonderful” – The Independent
January 5th, 2017
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.9; Upper years; 8.0 points
- 240 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.