Lightning Girl #1: Lightning Girl
Buy this and your school gets £1.28 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 4/5 from 8 ratings
3 reviews (Add a review)
The first book in a laugh-out-loud, high-voltage, action-packed adventure series for 8+ readers from hugely popular TV personality, Alesha Dixon, written in collaboration with Katy Birchall. 10-year-old Aurora Beam lives at home with her utterly unremarkable family – until the day she sees her little sister being picked on in the playground and suddenly beams of light shoot out of her fingers! It’s time for her parents to drop a life-changing bombshell. Mum is a secret superhero, fighting crime across the globe while Dad looks after the kids at home. As Aurora’s own powers come into play, will she be able to balance her new super skills training with school? Will she be able to keep it all a secret from her friends? And when her mum’s evil twin pops up, will Aurora think that being a super VILLAIN might be more fun…?
- Laughs on every page
- fantastically funny illustrations throughout
- Alesha Dixon is one of the judges on Britain’s Got Talent
- Also, check out Alesha’s stand-alone book, Girls Rule
Alesha Dixon says: My inspiration to create a superhero called Lightning Girl began with wanting my young daughter to feel empowered.It’s been a dream to create a strong role model that any child can look up to – I want my readers to see themselves in Aurora, who is dealing with trouble at home and trouble at school alongside her new powers.I also have a love of precious stones and their healing properties; I have always been fascinated with their spectacular colours and the positive energy that they bring.As human beings we are always searching for something greater within ourselves and a deeper meaning to life and it’s my belief that we all have a light within us that can affect change and bring good to the world… we just have to harness it! :) Enter Aurora Beam!
Lightning Girl (book 1)
April 5th, 2018
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 5.5; Middle years; 6.0 points
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Lightning Girl #4: Superpower Showdown
- Lightning Girl #3: Secret Supervillain vs Lightning Girl
- Lightning Girl #2: Superhero Squad
- The Naughtiest Unicorn and the Firework Festival
6copiesTen Fat Sausages x6
- Zoe's Rescue Zoo: The Runaway Reindeer
2booksChristmas Elf Pair
- The Naughtiest Unicorn on Holiday
Humbug: the Elf who Saved Christmas
- Space Blasters: Suzie and the Moon Bugs
- Naughtiest Unicorn in a Winter Wonderland
- Zoe's Rescue Zoo: The Adventurous Arctic Fox
- Accidental Stowaway
Mary Queen of Scots: Born to Rule
- Naughtiest Unicorn on a Treasure Hunt
- Space Blasters: Suzie Saves the Universe
3booksFairy Tales Gone Bad Pack
- The Naughtiest Unicorn on the Beach
- Skandar and the Phantom Rider
Amari and the Great Game
- Macca's Makeover
Stage 2: Emerging Readers: Bob Books: Sight Words - Year 2
- The Christmas Pig
Grimwood: Let the Fur Fly!
- Murder Most Unladylike #5: Mistletoe and Murder
- Planet Omar: Ultimate Rocket Blast
- Nevermoor #1: The Trials of Morrigan Crow
- The Secret of Nightingale Wood
The Last Gate of the Emperor