Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Burn My Heart
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
The Mau Mau – a secret society that once struck terror into the hearts of British settlers in Kenya. An episode in history that ended in a State of Emergency, with violent and brutal acts dividing a nation. This is an intensely personal and vivid story of two boys: one black, one white. Once they were friends. But in a country torn apart by prejudice, even the best friendship can turn to betrayal… Internationally acclaimed, award-winning author Beverley Naidoo explores new territory in this moving and beautifully realized story of Britain’s colonial past.
- A gripping true story of racial tension, friendship and betrayal
- Shines a light into the dark heart of Britain’s colonial past
- Fascinating subject matter given a deeply memorable treatment
- From the award-winning author of On the Other Side of Truth
- Explores Britain’s colonial legacy and complements the history curriculum
- A subject that interests many people and is great for learning about black history too
July 5th, 2007
AR book level: 5.2; Upper years; 6.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.