Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > Books To Make You Think
- All About You > Changes and New Experiences
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- Award Winners
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Pie Corbett's Page-turners
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- Fiction > Literary Fiction
- History > American History
- History > Second World War
Question: when does ‘vintage’ and ‘homespun’ not mean quilts and tea cosies? In this haunting tale of evil in wartime rural America. A tale of lies and truth and hard times. Of friendship, which counts most when it costs most. Of standing up for right – and getting it all wrong. Darkness, love and light. Annabelle has lived in Wolf Hollow all her life. It’s a quiet place, scarred by two world wars. But when cruel, tricksy Betty rocks up into town, the town’s calm world is violently smashed apart. Toby is a gentle loner: a traumatised ex-soldier. There’s no way he could have done anything bad. But now Betty has vanished – and everyone blames Toby. Can Annabelle save him?
- A stunning debut novel about prejudice, bullying, friendship and justice
- With powerful echoes of To Kill a Mockingbird and Of Mice and Men
- Incredible reviews confirm Lauren Wolk as a major new talent to watch
- Thought-provoking, morally complex tale with a wonderful rustic setting
“Full of grace and stark, brutal beauty.” New York Times
“Harper Lee has a worthy successor. Wolk is a big new talent.” The Times
“A powerful, beautifully written coming-of-age novel.” Daily Mail
This product has not been reviewed yet.