Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.25 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Soon to be a HUGE film! Magic burns, makes tides turn, lights the dark and wakes the dead. Want some…? A generation ago, the soil of Orisha hummed with magic. Burners lit flames, Tiders beckoned waves, and Zelie’s mother – a Reaper – summoned souls. That was then. Now the magic is gone. It died on the night that all the magi were killed on the cruel king’s orders. Now Zelie has no mother. Her people have no hope. And her land has no magic. Or does it? It’s up to Zelie to outwit and defeat the monarchy, and bring the magic back to Orisha. But where snow leoponaires prowl and vengeful water spirits lurk, danger is everywhere. Especially within her…
- Tomi Adeyemi’s sensational, hugely sought-after debut novel
- Inspired by the dark magic and danger of West African folklore
- Incredibly rich, powerful writing by an author in her early 20s
- Think Maze Runner/Divergent for the Black Lives Matter age
- Explores themes of race, police brutality, oppression and power
This product has not been reviewed yet.