Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Salt to the Sea
Buy this and your school gets £2.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Nominated for the Carnegie Medal 2017.
We’ve seen the Syrian refugees in their dinghies. Now roll back to 1945. Four refugees place their faith in a ship and the promise of safety. Or is it a lie…? You’ve heard of the Titanic. 1503 souls lost at sea. So why have you never heard of the Wilhelm Gustloff? Sunk at port in 1945, with around 9000 people drowned. (Mostly wartime refugees.) Who were they? What happened? Who died? Who survived? Written in four voices, this book brings it all to life. Emilia. Florian. Alfred. Joanna. Four young people, running from war and pain and secrets and darkness. Running towards hope…
- A shocking yet life-affirming novel of the Second World War
- Inspired by the true story of the worst disaster in maritime history
- By the author of Carnegie Medal finalist Between Shades of Gray
- “Ruta Sepetys is a master of historical fiction” – Elizabeth Wein
This book contains mature content more suitable for older readers.
This product has not been reviewed yet.