Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £2.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Dark, wild, reckless like dancing on the lip of an abyss. Cancer, monsters, death, life. We reckon Patrick Ness must stack up gongs on his sideboard like some people collect family photos. This is his second Carnegie winner. He’s also won the Booktrust Award, Costa Award, Red House Award… Yes, we could go on. For quite a while. So you’ve probably guessed this isn’t a monster story (or a cancer story) like any other. Even though the monster shows up just after midnight, as they tend to do. Conor isn’t afraid. Not at first. It’s not the monster he expected. Not the one he’s seen in nightmares since Mum got sick. But this monster – ancient, wild and elemental – wants the scariest thing of all. The truth.
- Winner of the Carnegie Medal and Red House Award
- A heartbreaking story of cancer, fear and hope
- Now a major film which is winning rave reviews
- “Powerful and impressive” – Philip Pullman
This product has not been reviewed yet.