Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
Other formats and editions:
|Paperback, Feb 2014||£7.99|
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > Changes and New Experiences
- All About You > Coping with Death, Grief, and Loss
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- History > Second World War
- Media > Films
- Theme Days, Weeks and Months > Holocaust Memorial Day
Berlin, 1942. When nine-year-old Bruno gets home from school one day, he finds his belongings being packed up in crates. His father has received a promotion, and the family must move to a new house far away, where there is no-one to play with and nothing to do. When they arrive at their new home, Bruno is baffled by its isolation, and by the razor-wire fence which stretches around it as far as the eye can see. Surely there must be more to this desolate place than meets the eye? And who is the boy across the fence, wearing striped pyjamas? Subtly written yet devastatingly powerful, this is an unforgettable Holocaust tale of innocence, evil, and friendship across all boundaries.
“A small wonder of a book” The Guardian
“Quite impossible to put down, this is the rare kind of book that doesn’t leave your head for days.” The Bookseller
September 11th, 2008
AR book level: 5.8; Upper years; 7.0 points
- 224 pages