Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
Other formats and editions:
|Paperback, Feb 2014||£7.99|
Rated 5/5 from 49 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > Changes and New Experiences
- All About You > Coping with Death, Grief, and Loss
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- Award Winners
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- History > Second World War
- Media > Films
- Theme Days, Weeks and Months > Holocaust Memorial Day
A devastating tale of friendship in a Nazi death camp. A book that will shake your whole world. Berlin, 1942. Bruno gets home from school one day to find his things being packed into crates. His father has been promoted, and the family must move to a new house far away. When they arrive at their new home, Bruno is baffled by its isolation, and by the razor-wire fence which stretches all around it. Surely there must be more to this desolate place than meets the eye? And who is the boy across the fence, wearing striped pyjamas? Innocence, evil and a friendship that crosses all boundaries: a story so powerful it hurts.
“A small wonder of a book.” The Guardian
“Quite impossible to put down, this is the rare kind of book that doesn’t leave your head for days.” The Bookseller
April 29th, 2010
AR book level: 5.8; Upper years; 7.0 points
- 224 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.