Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.25 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Shortlisted for the 2020 Carnegie Medal.
A passionate poetry novel about a gay drag artist finding his wings. Sometimes courage is wearing pink feathers and parading in flamboyant colour… Growing up isn’t easy: school, friendship, first love, one day leaving home. And for the boy in this book, there’s the added complexity of coming to terms with his identity as a mixed-race gay teenager. Until, at university, he finds his wings as a drag artist, The Black Flamingo. In the past, he’s been laughed at and put down. Now he masquerades in make-up and pink feathers, and he is applauded…
- A bold, joyful story about embracing your uniqueness
- Fiercely told in lyrical free verse by top poet Dean Atta
- For fans of Alex Gino, Kwame Alexander and The Poet X
- Dean Atta is one of the most exciting poets in the UK today
- His work explores topics of race, gender and LGBTQ+ identity
- He was named “one of poetry’s greatest modern voices” by Gay Times
*Please note this book contains mature content and language more suitable for older readers.
This product has not been reviewed yet.