Meet Me in Mumbai
Buy this and your school gets £1.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
A novel in two acts – told eighteen years apart – gives voice to both mother (Ayesha) and daughter (Mira) after an unplanned teen pregnancy led Ayesha to place Mira up for adoption. Coming to the US to study, Ayesha is swept up in a whirlwind romance with Suresh – an Indian boy who reminds her of home. Mere months away from starting university, she falls pregnant and finds herself alone. She makes the difficult decision to hide her pregnancy and put her daughter up for adoption, before returning to India. Years later, seventeen-year-old Mira Fuller-Jensen has had a comfortable childhood but has never felt quite like she fit in their majority white community. All she knows is that her mums adopted her when she was born and that her biological mother was a student who went back to India. When she comes across letters addressed to her from her birth mother, she sees a way to finally capture that feeling of belonging. Her mother writes that if Mira can forgive her for having to give her up, she should find a way to travel to India for her eighteenth birthday and meet her. Mira knows she’ll always regret it if she doesn’t go. But is she actually ready for what she will learn?
- Perfect for fans of Sabina Khan’s other books Zara Hossain is Here and The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali
- Deals with relatable teen issues and portrays the intersection of teen pregnancy with Muslim and Indian culture
- Compelling dual perspectives – Ayesha is brave and loving, Mira is curious but lost and both make engaging narrators
Our November 2022 Teen Book of the Month
Our Teen book of the month is Meet Me in Mumbai from author Sabina Khan. This is a novel told in two acts – eighteen years apart – that gives voice to both mother (Ayesha) and daughter (Mira) after an unplanned teen pregnancy leads Ayesha to place Mira up for adoption.
Meet Me in Mumbai is a highly compelling read that deals with relatable teen issues and portrays the intersection of teen pregnancy with Muslim and Indian culture.
September 1st, 2022
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Lally's Game (Five Nights at Freddy's: Tales from the Pizzaplex #1)
- Neverworld Wake
- Nothing More to Tell
- Rebel Voices: The Rise of Votes for Women
Rapunzella, Or, Don't Touch My Hair
- Final Gambit
- Heartstopper: Volume One
- Scholastic Classics: Persuasion
- Sisters of the War: Two Remarkable True Stories of Survival and Hope in Syria
- Zara Hossain is Here (a powerful story of immigration, identity, family and love)
- Watch Us Rise
- My Royal Story: Anastasia
- The Mortal Instruments #1: City of Bones
- The Date to Save
- GCSE Grades 9-1: Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar Exam Practice Book for All Boards
- Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know
- Penguin Modern Classics: Death of a Salesman
- The Diary of Sarah Forbes Bonetta: A Novel
- Six Times We Almost Kissed (And One Time We Did)
- How Not to Lose It: Mental Health Sorted
- The Perks of Being a Wallflowe
- The Getaway
The Lines We Cross
- You, Me and Our Heartstrings
- Destination Unknown
- Twin Crowns
- My Royal Story: Henry VIII's Wives
Splinters of Sunshine