My Dad Is Definitely Not a Crime Lord
Buy this and your school gets £0.80 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Damian’s new friend wants him to be a hero. But what does that really mean? Damian’s family are living under witness protection now that his dad, a once powerful gangster, has turned Queen’s evidence. They’ve been moved to a cramped flat in a run-down council estate, and they’ve all had to take on new names. Then Damian – sorry, Finn – meets costumed superhero Star Kid, who wants Finn to join his mission to keep the estate safe from criminals. Soon Finn is forced to ask himself: who is he, really?
- A funny, heartfelt novel about friendship and family – and where the limits are for both.
- Ben Davis’ new book, My Brilliant Plan to Fix Everything is coming June 2023
- From the creator of The Soup Movement
PRAISE FOR MY DAD IS DEFINITELY NOT A CRIME LORD “In a novel filled with heart and humour, told in the first person, Damian discovers what it means to be a hero. There is a depth to the story which explores themes of masculinity, family and self-awareness with a light touch.” - Just Imagine“Such fun and great read. I read this book in under a day and even skipped playing Uno with my friends so that i could finish reading the book.” - enelligan, age 6, TOPPSTA
Our August 2022 Ages 9-10 Book of the Month
Our book of the month for children aged 9+ is My Dad is Definitely Not a Crime Lord, by the award-winning author Ben Davis. In this silly story, Damien and his family have gone into witness protection after Dad – a famous gangster – turned Queen’s evidence. Now Damien, whose new name is ‘Finn’, has to get used to life on the council estate without all the luxuries he has been used to.
In a hilarious twist, Damien ends up teaming up with Star Kid who works to protect the estate from bullies. All is going well until one evening they catch Dad, who has once again turned to crime! This is a funny and heartfelt novel about friendship and family – and where the limits are for both. It is a great pick for reluctant readers as the story is silly, funny and engaging throughout.
August 4th, 2022
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Everyday Angel Bind-Up
- The Dragon Prince: Bloodmoon Huntress (The Dragon Prince Graphic Novel #2)
Horrible Histories: Horribly Hilarious Joke Book
- Chinese Cinderella
- Shout Out: Use Your Voice, Save the Day
- Witch Girl
- Babysitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1: Karen's Witch
- Upside Down Magic #3: Showing Off
- King and the Dragonflies
- The Boy With Wings
- A Nightsilver Book #2: The Doomfire Secret
- The Night My Dream Came Alive
- My Family and Other Ghosts
Vote For Effie
Britain's Smartest Kid ... On Ice!
- Spy Ninjas: The Ultimate Guidebook
- The Undefeated
Effie the Rebel
- Bunnicula: The Graphic Novel
- Malice in Underland #2: A Trick of Time
- Stretched Thin (Ms Marvel graphic novel 1)
- All New Minecraft Creative Handbook
- The Ultimate Guide to Basketball (100% Unofficial)
- Last Gamer Standing
10booksScholastic Classics 10 for 10
- The Collector
- Poems from the Second World War