Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £2.50 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
The last stag. The last whale. The last kid who gives a damn. Love nature? Want magic? Make this your first stop. Imagine a world where animals are extinct. Think it’s too awful to imagine? Kester lives in that horrible place. No birds. No bugs. No dogs or horses. No whales or pandas or tigers. All completely gone – or are they? Kester is locked in a home for troubled kids when he meets the talking pigeons and the bossy cockroach. At first, he thinks he’s finally gone a bit mad. (This world isn’t much fun for kids either.) But the animals need Kester’s help to save the last hidden wild place where they cling on. Can he save the animals – and the humans – and the whole world?
- Piers Torday’s sublime, thrilling saga of a world in peril
- Winner of the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize 2014
- Witty and immersive fantasy with an ecological message
- “Darkly comic and hugely inventive” – Eoin Colfer
This product has not been reviewed yet.