Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not for sale in United States.
My Story: Slave Girl
Buy this and your school gets £1.40 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
It’s based on a true story and it’s the life of a girl who has never known a second’s real freedom. A reality check for your gripes that your parents act like they own you. F-R-E-E-D-O-M was the first word Clotee learned to write. But as a slave girl on one of Virginia’s harsh cotton plantations, she has no idea what it might actually feel like. Then Clotee finds out about the Underground Railroad: a network of people who help runaway slaves to escape. Maybe, finally, Clotee can imagine a future in which freedom is more than just a word…
- A fascinating fictional diary from a best-loved series
- Based on the real-life memoirs of slave Clotee Henley
- Clotee helped over 150 other slaves escape to freedom
- Inspiring historical reading that supports the curriculum
June 4th, 2015
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 240 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.