Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
One for Goodnight Mister Tom fans! Blitz bombs, hostile locals and a terrible curse: being a World War Two evacuee is hard. Hitler’s bombs are falling on London. It’s no place for kids, even though Carrie and Nick are toughing it out. But when they’re sent to rural Wales on a train of evacuees, they find life there just as hard. (If a bit less deadly.) They’re stuck with bullying old Mr Evans: mean to them and his timid sister. At least their friend Albert gets a warm welcome in the strange old house at Druid’s Bottom. But hanging over them all is an ancient curse. What next? Talk about a world of bothers.
- A heartwarming wartime classic by Nina Bawden
- Touching insight into the lives of wartime evacuees
- Explores family, loyalty, choice and consequence
- Brilliantly evokes the Second World War era
This product has not been reviewed yet.