Buy this and your school gets £7.55 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
One for Goodnight Mister Tom fans! Hitler’s bombs are falling on London. It’s no place for kids, even though Carrie and Nick are toughing it out. But when they’re sent to rural Wales on a train of evacuees, they find life there just as hard. (If a bit less deadly.) They’re stuck with bullying old Mr Evans: mean to them and his timid sister. At least their friend Albert gets a warm welcome in the strange old house at Druid’s Bottom. But hanging over them all is an ancient curse. What will happen when it strikes?
- A much-loved wartime classic by Nina Bawden
- Full of insights into the lives of wartime evacuees
- Explores family, loyalty, choice and consequence
- Brilliantly evokes the Second World War era
Six copies of this classic children’s book to accompany Read & Respond: Carrie’s War.
June 7th, 2018
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Read & Respond: Room on the Broom
- Read & Respond: The Twits
- What Stars Are Made Of
Baby Aliens: There's a Werewolf in My Tent!
The Fart that Changed the World
Book of the month
6copiesThe Train to Impossible Places x 6
6copiesWhen the Sky Falls x6
6copiesMillions x 6
- Read & Respond: Carrie's War
- Read & Respond: Charlotte's Web
- Read & Respond: Superworm
6copiesThe Last Bear x6
- When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit
6copiesThe Wolves of Willoughby Chase x 6
6copiesBoy Who Met a Whale x6
SAVE Promo available
- Wave Me Goodbye
- The Twits
6copiesPrivate Peaceful x 6
6copiesThe Wild Robot x6
6copiesJourney to the River Sea x 6
- Alex Rider #1: Stormbreaker
- Why the Whales Came
- The Smartest Giant in Town (20th Anniversary Edition)
The Highway Rat
6copiesThe Boy at the Back of the Class x 6
6copiesStreet Child x 6
- Fantastically Great Women Artists and Their Stories