Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
“Dead girl walking,” the boys say. “Tell us your secret,” the girls whisper.
A runaway truck crashing into your heart: duck now if you don’t want it to floor you. Lia’s best friend Cassie starved to death. Now Lia wants to follow. Thin, thin, thinner. Until she’s all gone… No one gets where Lia is at. They think she’s sick. She knows she’s strong. Her mum is busy saving other people’s lives. Her dad’s never there. That leaves Lia alone to carry on. Stay strong. Lose more. Weigh less. Be thin. Be better. Weigh less. Be best. Be thinnest of all… A raw, real book that dares to speak out loud about anorexia. The pride and dark pleasure – not just the death and pain.
- Incredibly moving and true-to-life account of anorexia
- “Brilliant, intoxicating, full of drama” – Melvin Burgess
- By a highly acclaimed, Carnegie Medal shortlisted author
- Laurie Halse Anderson’s books include Chains, Prom and Twisted
This book contains mature content and language.
January 3rd, 2011
AR book level: 4.1; Upper years; 9.0 points
- 304 pages