His Dark Materials: The Imagination Chamber
Buy this and your school gets £2.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Master storyteller Philip Pullman returns to the world of Lyra and Will, Mrs Coulter and Lee Scoresby, Pantalaimon and Iorek Byrnison, in this must-have companion to the His Dark Materials trilogy. A book of stunning, moving, exhilarating, breathtaking scenes set during the events of Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass and The Book of Dust: from Serafina Pekkala sitting quietly on her cloud pine broom, listening to Dust, ahead of the epic battle with the Angels, to a young Lyra speculating about her mother’s identity. In exquisite prose, Philip Pullman cuts new windows into his worlds for the reader to step through and reveals new truths about many of the iconic characters from Lyra’s universe. …
- This His Dark Materials trilogy is a major, critically acclaimed HBO/BBC TV series starring Ruth Wilson, James McAvoy, Dafne Keen, Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- The perfect gift for every fan, of any age.
- His Dark Materials is one of the most popular and successful children’s series of all time. First published in 1995, and acclaimed as a modern masterpiece, it won the UK’s top awards for children’s literature “Remarkable writing: courageous and dangerous as the best art should be” (The Times) “Rarely, if ever, have readers been offered such a casket of wonders” (Independent)
Our May 2022 Ages 11+ Book of the Month
My Book of the Month for children aged 11 and over this May has to be The Imagination Chamber. Return to Lyra’s universe and discover never before revealed truths about many of the iconic characters set during the events of His Dark Materials and The Book of Dust. Snapshot scenes that illuminate and enrich Pullman’s iconic world include Serafina Pekkala sitting quietly on her cloud pine broom, listening to Dust ahead of the epic battle with the Angels, to a young Lyra speculating about her mother’s identity.
Master storyteller Philip Pullman returns to the world of Lyra and Will, Mrs Coulter and Lee Scoresby, Pantalaimon and Iorek Byrnison, in this must-have companion to the His Dark Materials trilogy. In exquisite prose, Philip Pullman cuts new windows into his worlds for the reader to step through, showcasing stunning, moving, exhilarating, and breathtaking scenes. The His Dark Materials books are global bestsellers and winners of numerous literary prizes. Loved passionately by young readers and adults alike, this is the perfect gift for every fan, and comes in a beautiful hardback package with two-colour insides and red sprayed edges. Now is the perfect time to read, ahead of the final instalment of the critically acclaimed HBO/BBC His Dark Materials TV series this Autumn.
April 28th, 2022
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Percy Jackson #3: Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse
- Tales at Midnight #2: Good Enough to Eat
- All New Minecraft Combat Handbook
- Pokemon: Pokemon Origami: Fold Your Own Pokemon
My Life on Fire
11booksA Murder Most Unladylike Pack
- 50 Times Football Changed the World
3booksHis Dark Materials Trilogy
The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (A Hunger Games Novel)
Murder Most Unladylike #1: Murder Most Unladylike
- You Can Do It
How to Train Your Dragon #1: How to Train Your Dragon
There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom
- The Hobbit
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
- Can You See Me?
- I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Changed the World
- The Boy at the Back of the Class