Dog Man #10: Mothering Heights (the new blockbusting international bestseller) Autumn Reading Challenge
Buy this and your school gets £1.60 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
1 review (Add a review)
Dog Man and Petey face their biggest challenges yet in the tenth Dog Man book from worldwide bestselling author and illustrator Dav Pilkey. Dog Man is down on his luck, Petey confronts his not so purr-fect past, and Grampa is up to no good. The world is spinningout of control as new villains spill into town. Everything seems dark and full of despair. But hope is not lost. Can the incredible power of love save the day? Dav Pilkey’s wildly popular Dog Man series appeals to readers of all ages and explores universally positive themes, including:
- and the importance of doing good.
- “High-intensity, heartwarming, and, above all, hysterically funny.” – Kirkus Reviews, starred review
- “Riotously funny and original.” – School Library Journal, starred review
- “An utter, unfettered delight.” – Booklist, starred review
- “Readers (of any age) will be giggling from start to finish.” – Publishers Weekly, starred review
- “Action-oriented cartoons… Laffs aplenty.” – Kirkus Reviews, starred review
Our March 2021 Ages 7-8 Book of the Month
My Book of the Month pick for 7 to 8-year-olds is the new tenth instalment in the Dog Man series, Dog Man: Mothering Heights! This hilarious adventure from a crime-fighting half human, half dog and his unlikely cat sidekick, has all the ingredients to make kids howl with laughter. The world is spinning out of control as new villains spill into town. Everything seems dark and full of despair. But hope is not lost. Can the incredible power of love save the day?
From children’s firm favourite Dav Pilkey, author and illustrator of the worldwide bestselling Captain Underpants series which kids will also recognise from film and TV. You might also recognise the series from being the bestselling World Book Day book last year! The Dog Man series explores universally positive themes, including empathy, kindness, persistence and the importance of being true to one’s self. The full colour, comic book-style pages makes it easily accessible to readers of all ages, and its genuine child appeal encourages a love of reading in children.
Dog Man (book 10)
March 4th, 2021
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 2.6; Lower years; 1.0 points
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Spooky Stories
Cat Kid Comic Club #1: Cat Kid Comic Club
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite: The Official Game Guide
- Pokemon: Super Deluxe Essential Handbook
Dog Man #8: Fetch-22
Captain Underpants: Two Turbo-Charged Novels in One (Full Colour!)
- Dog Man #7: For Whom the Ball Rolls
- My Book of Rocks and Minerals
Fly High Crew: The Green Glow
- Big Words for Little People: Calmness
- Worst. Holiday. Ever.
- Dark Unicorns: The Blazing Unicorn
- Super Monsters: Spooky Story Collection
The Perfect Parent Project
- The Puppies of Blossom Meadow #1: Fairy Friends
Dog Man #9: Dog Man 9: Grime and Punishment
- Pokemon: Alola Region Adventure Guide
- Pokemon: My Pokémon Adventure Journal
- Amari and the Night Brothers
- See Inside Your Body
6booksHorrid Henry Early Readers Pack x 6
Horrible Science: Dangerous Diseases
Wigglesbottom Primary: Dino Chick
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Wrecking Ball
The Runaway Girls
- Disney Raya and the Last Dragon: The Junior Novel
- Omari McQueen's Best Bites Cookbook
- Pokemon: Legendary and Mythical Guidebook (Deluxe Edition)
- Unicorn Origami
Vote For Effie