Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
The Sinclair's Mysteries #1: The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings
1 review (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Shopping plus crime: what could be more perfect? Bonbons, perfumes and sinister secrets! Sinclair’s grand department store is the place to come for feathered hats, velvet gloves and ornate biscuit boxes. Oh yes – and dastardly deeds! Step onto the sumptuous shop floor, filled with sparkly jewels and rare luxuries, to witness London’s most sensational crime. Gasp at the daring theft of the priceless Clockwork Sparrow. Tremble as fearsome villains hatch their wicked plans. And cheer as our bold heroines – Miss Sophie Taylor and Miss Lilian Rose – crack codes, devour iced buns and vow to catch the crooks!
- A sparkling Victorian mystery with two unforgettable heroines
- Fabulously sumptuous setting based on London’s Selfridges store
- Perfect for fans of Murder Most Unladylike and Chris Riddell’s Ottoline
- Nominated for the Carnegie Medal and shortlisted for the Waterstones Prize
“A wonderful book, with a glorious heroine and a true spirit of adventure.” Katherine Rundell, author of ‘Rooftoppers’
5716 in Schools Catalogue 2017/18
The Sinclair's Mysteries (book 1)
June 4th, 2015
AR book level: 6.6; Middle years; 11.0 points
- 336 pages