Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Think a novel about bridge sounds a bit dull? Wrong. Romance, lies, glamour: it’s Casino Royale minus spies and plus big family secrets. Alton’s elderly uncle wants Alton’s company at his bridge club. Alton is happy to play along. It’s better than working a summer job at the shopping mall. Plus, his mum says his uncle might leave them some money when he dies. Still, Alton has no idea what a heady cocktail of romance, glitz and mystery he’s about to uncork. Because – like all seemingly casual choices in Louis Sachar’s wonderful books – this choice soon leads to very unexpected places. A real friendship with his uncle. Kisses with the beautiful Toni. And a mystery that spans decades, finally brought to a close.
- A masterly tale of friendship, luck and destiny
- Louis Sachar is the author of Holes and Fuzzy Mud
- “The human drama is gripping” – Financial Times
- “A wonderful read” – Bookfest
August 1st, 2011
AR book level: 5.0; Middle years; 9.0 points
- 352 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.