Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
To order this product in United States, please contact your local distributor.
Secondary ELT Readers Level 3 - Level 4: Twelve Years A Slave (Book and CD)
Buy this and your school gets £1.56 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- English > ELT > Graded Readers > Secondary
- English > Reading > Extensive Reading
- English > Reading > HiLo
- English > Reading > Reluctant Readers
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- History > American History
- Media > Films
- Multicultural > African
- Theme Days, Weeks and Months > Black History Month
- True Stories
Twelve Years a Slave is the extraordinary true story of Solomon Northup, a free black man living in New York State who, in 1841, was kidnapped and sold into slavery. This simplified version condenses Northup’s memoirs for students of English and is interspersed with stills from the 2013 Oscar award winning film.
Level 3 (Intermediate): For students with 3+ years of English – CEF Stage B1. 1500 headwords (story: up to 10,000 words)
Scholastic ELT Secondary Readers are a series of contemporary film and TV adaptations, original teenage fiction, classic literature and biographies. Specifically targeted at teenagers learning English, they are published at five levels following a carefully graded syllabus.
October 2nd, 2014
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 64 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.