Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
This product is not currently available.
Other formats and editions:
|Paperback, Dec 2010||£6.99|
Rated 5/5 from 21 ratings
2 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Even more powerful than War Horse. Shot at dawn. Written out of history. A First World War tale to burn into your mind. Amid the blazing battlefields of the Western Front, young Private ‘Tommo’ Peaceful remembers his childhood. His memory is full of his family life in the countryside. But each passing moment brings Tommo closer to morning, when his life will change in a heartbreaking way… In this impassioned tale, master writer Michael Morpurgo explores the forgotten fate of the soldiers shot for cowardice in the Great War. Their names left off the memorials. Their stories untold – until now.
- Winner of the Red House Children’s Book Award
- Winner of the Blue Peter Book of the Year Award
- Shortlisted for the Whitbread Prize and Carnegie Medal
- A searing look at a little-known aspect of World War I
May 29th, 2004
AR book level: 5.2; Middle years; 7.0 points
- 192 pages