Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.12 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 11 ratings
4 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > BAME
- All About You > Coping with Death, Grief, and Loss
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Hospitals, Dentists, Doctors and Illness
- Award Winners
- Diaries and Journals
- English > Speaking and listening
- Multicultural > African
- Science > Biology and Life Science > Ourselves
Cameron is thirteen and his heart is failing. He needs a heart transplant – fast. Then a pioneering doctor approaches his family with a startling proposal. He can give Cameron a new heart: a heart from a pig. It’s a weird idea. But Cameron is fed up with sitting on life’s sidelines, unable to play sport or swim. He has to give it a try – even if it means becoming the world’s first pig-heart boy.
Soon Cameron is discovering how great it feels to live a normal life. But there are some people who don’t think it’s normal for a boy to have a pig’s heart. Will Cameron’s new life last long enough for him to discover what it’s really all about? Shocking, original and moving, this is the remarkable story of a boy learning who he really is, while going where no one has ever gone before.
February 5th, 2004
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.3; Middle years; 8.0 points
- 208 pages