Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
My Story: Hero at Dunkirk
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 1/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Dunkirk, 1940. Thousands of Allied soldiers are trapped by Nazi soldiers after the Battle of France. There’s no way out for them. Or is there? Maybe there’s one escape route: the sea… Joe Read is fifteen, a normal kid who helps out on his dad’s lifeboat. But now he’s called to a greater cause: sailing across the English Channel, braving gunfire and bombs, to evacuate the stranded soldiers in France. He’s part of a mission that will save the lives of 338,226 men in 861 vessels. Joe’s true story is told in full in this unforgettable tale of the great Allied rescue described by Winston Churchill as “a miracle of deliverance.”
- A thrilling fictional diary based on Joe Read’s true story
- A vivid, memorable look at a key moment of World War II
- Learn about the Dunkirk Evacuation and its significance
- From a best-loved series with over a million copies sold
July 1st, 2013
AR book level: 6.2; Middle years plus; 5.0 points
- 144 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.