Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £0.60 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 5/5 from 25 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
A Carnegie Medal winner tells the true story of the Victorian orphan boy whose plight inspired Dr Barnardo to set up his famous children’s refuge. Jim Jarvis is a runaway. He has fled the dark and terrible workhouse where he was dumped when his mother died. But 1860s London is a dangerous and lonely place, and life is a constant battle for survival. Just when Jim finally finds some friends, he is snatched away and enslaved by the cruel Grimy Nick. Constantly watched and hounded by Nick’s vicious dog, Snipe, will Jim ever be free?
- A best-loved popular classic based on a true story
- “A brilliant and moving book” – Julia Golding
- Berlie Doherty has won the Carnegie Medal twice
- Her books include Carnegie winner Dear Nobody
September 3rd, 2009
AR book level: 5.1; Middle years; 5.0 points
- 208 pages