Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Tom Crean: Ice Man
Buy this and your school gets £1.25 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Tom Crean was no ordinary guy. He was an Ice Man: an Antarctic hero who stayed cool as a popsicle however tough things got. When Tom followed Captain Scott into the frozen wastes on his mission to reach the South Pole, he walked 56km solo across a treacherous ice shelf to save a dying comrade. Does that sound ordinary? No! Later, he survived the sinking of Ernest Shackleton’s polar exploration ship Endurance, helping to save his friends from certain death in the freezing waters. As if all that wasn’t heroic enough, he then set off on an 800 mile open-boat journey through treacherous pack ice. Read the Ice Man’s true story, and shiver with excitement!
- Thrilling account of Tom Crean’s life and incredible exploits
- Written for children by polar exploration expert Michael Smith
- Michael’s other children’s books include Shackleton: The Boss
- “An exciting story that’s all the more powerful for being true” – Sunday Tribune
This product has not been reviewed yet.