Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Winner of the Costa Children’s Book Award 2014
A classic story (Five Children and It) gets rewritten by a top author (Kate Saunders of Beswitched.) Add a dash of magic and a wartime twist, and what do you have? A cosy pleasure worth bribing your lil’ bro out of your fave armchair for. The five children have grown up. World War One has started. Cyril is away fighting, Anthea is at art college, Robert is a Cambridge scholar and Jane is at high school. The Lamb is now eleven, with a little sister in tow. Their sand fairy, the Psammead, has become a creature of stories – until he suddenly returns. And this time, his magic might have a more serious purpose.
- A magical new sequel to E. Nesbit’s Five Children and It
- By the author of Beswitched and Magicalamity
- A unique new take on First World War fiction
- Explores the war’s impact on young people
5060 in Schools Catalogue 2017/18
April 2nd, 2015
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 336 pages