Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Grandpa's Great Escape
Buy this and your school gets £3.25 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 4/5 from 13 ratings
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
The funny proof: not all oldies are fossils! Jack’s rebel grandpa and his Spitfire antics will make your heart do loop the loops. Maybe you’ve noticed that David’s genius stories have been a little dark of late. Demon Dentist, Awful Auntie. Is the world really such a twisted place? But don’t put away your bag of sugared almonds just yet. This glorious adventure will bring a joyous little tear to your eye. Jack’s grandpa wears his slippers to the supermarket. He serves up tinned tongue for dinner. He often forgets Jack’s name. But he hasn’t forgotten how to fly a Spitfire. And if you were trapped in a rubbish old folks’ home, wouldn’t you plan a Great Escape?
- The latest bestseller from the incredible David Walliams
- David’s books include Mr Stink and Billionaire Boy
- This funny genius is regarded as a Roald Dahl for today
- Hilarious pictures by Tony Ross all the way through
September 3rd, 2015
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 5.2; Middle years; 7.0 points
- 352 pages