Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.26 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be dispatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > BAME
- All About You > Books To Make You Think
- All About You > Bullying
- All About You > Coping with Death, Grief, and Loss
- All About You > Diversity
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Immigration
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- All About You > Refugees
- Award Winners
- Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Multicultural > African
Twelve-year-old Sade and her brother Femi are forced to flee their home country, Nigeria, when their mother is murdered because of their father’s criticism of General Abacha’s military regime. No longer safe, the children are smuggled out of Lagos under false identities, beginning a journey into an unknown world. Abandoned in London by the woman paid to protect them, they find themselves alone in a strange and hostile place, facing an uncertain future as asylum seekers… Guaranteed to touch a nerve, this is a raw and hard-hitting story of refugee children coping in a world of prejudice and loss.
Winner of the Carnegie Medal.
April 27th, 2000
AR book level: 5.3; Upper years; 9.0 points