Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Temporarily out of stock - due 27/07/17
Buy this and your school gets £0.60 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 4/5 from 11 ratings
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
A modern fairy tale sizzling with genius. Mighty heroes, terrible villains, incredible black-and-white art. Imagine a superhero story written by one of the greatest poets ever. Now you needn’t just imagine: this is it. At first, the Iron Man wreaks dreadful destruction. He cannot be kept down. But then the terrible Space-Bat-Angel-Dragon attacks Earth from outer space. Only the Iron Man can save us… Written by former Poet Laureate Ted Hughes, this is utterly dramatic storytelling that burns with fierce power.
- A masterful children’s classic by poet Ted Hughes
- Epic story of war and peace with a cool robot hero
- Beautifully written with dramatic black line artwork
- “One of the greatest of modern fairy tales” – Observer
May 22nd, 2006
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
AR book level: 4.7; Middle years; 1.0 points
- 64 pages