Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
To order this product in United States, please contact your local distributor.
Secondary ELT Readers Level 2: Barack Obama (Book only)
Buy this and your school gets £1.27 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- Biography and Autobiography
- English > ELT > Graded Readers > Secondary
- English > Reading > Extensive Reading
- English > Reading > HiLo
- English > Reading > Reluctant Readers
- Facts and Information
- History > American History
- History > Politics
- Multicultural > African
- Theme Days, Weeks and Months > Black History Month
On January 20th, 2009, Barack Obama became the 44th President of the United States of America. He is the first African-American to be president of one of the most powerful countries in the world.
Read about Barack Obama’s life before he became President – his early years in Hawaii and Indonesia, his Kenyan and his American roots, and his decision to run for President.
Level 2 (Pre-intermediate–Intermediate): For students with 2–3 years of English – CEF Stage A2. 1000 headwords (story: up to 7,000 words)
Scholastic ELT Secondary Readers are a series of contemporary film and TV adaptations, original teenage fiction, classic literature and biographies. Specifically targeted at teenagers learning English, they are published at five levels following a carefully graded syllabus.
January 4th, 2010
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 56 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.