Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11: Literacy Time PLUS Ages 9 to 11 July 2009
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Years 5 and 6, JULY 2009
The latest issue of LITERACY TIME PLUS on a LITERACY AND ICT theme includes:
- Come to the movies! – A selection of persuasive texts including a movie trailer, film review, advert and book blurb.
- The Roar by Emma Clayton – An extract from the debut science-fiction novel by Emma Clayton.
- Do as you are told! – Paul Cookson’s entertaining word play poem is presented in comic strip format with illustrations by Beano artist David Parkins.
- Setting the scene – An interactive resource featuring five illustrated settings to inspire adventure story writing.
- Poems – Riddle by Judith Nicholls and Spellbound by Norman Vandal.
- How to tell tales Part 1: Characterisation – The first in a six-part story writing workshop from our new Writer-in-residence, Antony Lishak.
These are accompanied by the 28-page Teachers’ Notes magazine:
Next issue September 2009 (published in September):
- Resources on an Anglo-Saxons theme – Including a biography of King Alfred the Great and Eight Anglo-Saxon Riddles
- The heroic tale of Hiltgunt and Waldere – An old Anglo-Saxon tale retold by Rosalind Kerven.
- The Anglo-Saxon Times – Tales and events from the Anglo-Saxon age presented in virtual magazine format.
- How to tell tales Part 2: Attention-grabbing openings – The second part of our six-part story writing workshop by Literacy Time PLUS Writer-in-residence, Antony Lishak.
July 1st, 2009
This product has not been reviewed yet.