Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 4/5 from 1 rating
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > Orphans
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- Award Winners
- English > Reading for Pleasure
- English > Reading > Independent Reading
- English > Reading > Pie Corbett's Page-turners
- English > Reading > Top 100 Children's Books
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- Geography > Journeys and travel
An epic trip into the Amazon’s lush jungle, complete with sinister relatives, exotic beasts and poison-tip arrows. A bit like Northern Lights in a dugout canoe. No greater adventure can be imagined. In 1910, orphan Maia is sent from her English boarding school to the fabulous wilderness of the Amazon jungle. She’s meant to live with distant relatives there. But Maia’s relatives are not all they seem. Now she and a mysterious Indian boy, Finn, must flee for their lives up the great river. Can they survive in this uncharted world of anacondas and crocodiles, poisonous trees and strange, impossible animals?
- A majestic winner of the Nestlé Smarties Gold Award
- Vivid, sensual fiction with a rich cast of characters
- The late Eva Ibbotson was an iconic children’s writer
- This is probably her most famous and best-loved book
“Too exciting to put down. Sheer pleasure.” The Times