Horrible Science: Frightful Flight (New Edition)
Buy this and your school gets £1.40 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Humans aren’t designed to fly. That’s why the first people to try it came to a very sticky end! (And that’s why this is a Horrible Science book!) But after centuries of death-defying stunts, blood-curdling blunders and fearsome flops, people have finally taken to the skies!Read on to discover:
- how to see the earth’s shadow
- how to build a flying saucer
- how brave bird-men flew on feather wings (and died!)
- how the zeppelin Hindenburg burned to a crisp in just 34 seconds
- how some brave pilots flew faster than sound. Boom!
- which woman’s perilous plane was held together with piano wire
- what happened to the world’s first flying sheep
A book stuffed with hair-raising heights, dizzying drops, terror, tears, triumphs – and squishy bits. It’s fearsome fun! Just don’t forget your parachute!
September 4th, 2014
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
Horrible Science: Painful Poison
- History VIP: Emmeline Pankhurst
- Shadow Magic #2: Dream Magic
- The Real UK
- The Blood Guard #3: The Blazing Bridge
- Horrible Science: Space, Stars and Slimy Aliens
- Super Scientists: Isaac Newton
- Rugby Focus: Laws of the Game
11booksBritish Asian Authors Pack
- Horribly Famous: Mary Queen of Scots and her Hopeless Husbands
The Knowledge: Awful Art
- Horribly Famous: Horatio Nelson and his Valiant Victory
Horribly Famous: Joan of Arc and her Marching Orders
- The Blood Guard #1: The Blood Guard
- Rugby Focus: Teamwork and Tactics
His Dark Materials #2: The Subtle Knife (Gift Edition)
His Dark Materials #3: The Amber Spyglass (Gift Edition)
Horrible Science: Evil Inventions
Horrible Science: Terrible Time
- Creating an App
- Rugby Focus: Players and Skills
- Get Sporty: Football
Horrible Science: Bulging Brains
7booksKatie's Famous Paintings Pack x 7
- Horribly Famous: Albert Einstein and his Inflatable Universe
- Horrible Science: Deadly Diseases
- Get Sporty: Netball
Horrible Science: Microscopic Monsters
- Super Scientists: Marie Curie
Horrible Science: Killer Energy