Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.40 to spend on books Orders of £10.00 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Chemistry. It’s the most horrible part of science. The part that’s most likely to make you say “UGH.” Chemistry can cause chaos in your brain. Even your teacher knows it! But let’s forget the fiendish formulas for now, and take a look at the nasty bits you REALLY want to know about – the nasty bubbling green mixtures, the vile and poisonous potions, the horrible smells, bangs and blasts. Discover:
- how the first chemists – “alchemists” – really searched for the Philosopher’s Stone
- what suspect substances lurk in your school dinner
- the sickening stench of the world’s worst stink bomb
- which cruel chemical gases killed soldiers in the war
- how rotten reactions can blow you away
- which awful acids will eat you alive
Flash a formula. Wave a test-tube. Potions bubble. Things go bang! It’s not magic. You’re not at Hogwarts. You’ve just read Chemical Chaos!