The Teenage Guide to Stress
Buy this and your school gets £1.12 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Essential reading for teenagers and the adults who care about them. A fantastically wide-ranging, reassuring, eye-opening and comprehensive look at the stresses many teenagers face, empowering them to take control of their mental health and wellbeing.
Nicola Morgan is an established expert on the teenage brain and adolescent stress, known for her engaging, clear style. She is the author of the internationally renowned Blame My Brain: The Amazing Teenage Brain Revealed (shortlisted for the Aventis prize for science) and has spoken in schools and at conferences around the world. Now The Teenage Guide to Stress – written for teenagers but essential for adults who want to understand – tackles all the external stresses that teenagers face, including feelings of anger, sadness (and depression), fear and failure; issues caused by changing bodies, body hatred, weight problems, eating disorders and self-harm; pressures of exams and schoolwork; sleep problems; changing relationships with friends and family; boyfriend/girlfriend issues and sexual pressures; bullying and cyber-bullying; problems arising from the internet; and looks at how pre-existing conditions such as OCD and dyslexia may be affected by adolescence. As well as a sympathetic, practical and positive look at all those stresses, The Teenage Guide to Stress clearly explains the biology behind stress and, crucially, a huge range of strategies and suggestions to deal with it and prevent negative symptoms. A list of useful resources completes this fantastically wide-ranging, reassuring, eye-opening and comprehensive guide for young people, empowering them to take control of their mental health.
July 3rd, 2014
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Go Big: The Secondary School Survival Guide
- You Are a Champion
- Dare to Be You
- Alex in Wonderland
- Charming But Insane
- The State of Grace
- Collins Read On: Unsolved Mysteries
- Glow! Be Confident, Be You
Shakespeare: His Dramatic Acts
A Problem Shared: Death
- Yes No Maybe So
- How Not to Lose It: Mental Health Sorted
- D-Day: The World War II Invasion That Changed History
- You Got This! 100 Tips for Being Your Stress-Free Best
- Fact Finders: Humans and Other Life on Earth - Sharing the Planet
- We Had to Be Brave: Escaping the Nazis on the Kindertransport
2booksCan You See Me? Pair
- My Survival: A Girl on Schindler's List
- Lord of the Flies
- Planet Greta: How Greta Thunberg Wants You to Help Her Save Our Planet
- Young, Gifted and Black
- Is There Anybody Out There?
- A Life Story: David Attenborough
- Lift-the-Flap Looking After Our Planet
3booksThe Hunger Games Trilogy
A Monster Calls