Poems from the First World War
This product is not currently available.
To help you find what you're looking for, see similar items below.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Poems from the First World War is a moving and powerful collection of poems written by soldiers, nurses, mothers, sweethearts and family and friends who experienced WWI from different standpoints. It records the early excitement and patriotism, the bravery, friendship and loyalty of the soldiers, and the heartbreak, disillusionment and regret as the war went on to damage a generation. It includes poems from Wilfred Owen, Rupert Brooke, Vera Brittain, Eleanor Farjeon, Edward Thomas, Laurence Binyon, John McCrae, Siegfried Sassoon and many more.
The Imperial War Museum was founded in 1917 to collect and display material relating to the ‘Great War’, which was still being fought. Today IWM is unique in its coverage of conflicts, especially those involving Britain and the Commonwealth, from the First World War to the present. They seek to provide for, and to encourage, the study and understanding of the history of modern war and wartime experience.
May 8th, 2014
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
6copiesThe Hundred-Mile-An-Hour Dog x 6
- Courageous Spies and International Intrigue of World War I
Horrible Histories: Woeful Second World War
- The Day I Was Erased
- Puffin Classics: The Odyssey
- My Story: Stories of the First World War
- Horrible Histories: Frightful First World War
6copiesStormbreaker x 6
- Shackleton: The Boss - The Remarkable Adventures of a Heroic Antarctic Explorer
6copiesPercy Jackson and the Lightning Thief x 6
6copiesDiary of a Wimpy Kid x 6
6copiesThe Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents x 6
- My Story: Workhouse
5booksChris Riddell Pack x 5
- Usborne Very First Reading: Knight Fight
- Daily Life in Ancient Greece
- The Light Jar
10booksGoosebumps Pack x 10
10booksIn Focus: Our World Pack x 10
- Horrible Histories: Vile Victorians (Classic Edition)
- Great Scots: A Very Peculiar History
- Ways into History: Houses and Homes
- I Was There...: Royal Nursemaid
- Dream On, Amber
Roald Dahl Plays: Fantastic Mr Fox
- Ancient Myths Collection Box Set (16 books)