Black and British: An Illustrated History
Buy this and your school gets £2.40 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school. Find out more about Scholastic Rewards
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
This beautiful hardback gift book is a stunning visual journey through Black British history for younger readers by award-winning historian and broadcaster David Olusoga and illustrated by Jake Alexander and Melleny Taylor.
The essential starting place for anyone who wants to learn about Black British History. David Olusoga’s thought provoking text charts the forgotten histories of Black people in Britain from Roman times right through to the present day.
From Roman Africans guarding Hadrian’s Wall, to an African trumpeter in the court of Henry the Eighth, Black Georgians fighting for the abolition of slavery, Black soldiers fighting for Britain in the First World War, Windrush and right up today. These are the stories that brought us all together in this country.
When did Africans first come to Britain?
Who are the well-dressed black children in Georgian paintings?
Why did the American Civil War disrupt the Industrial Revolution?
These and many other questions are answered in this essential introduction to 1800 years of the Black British history.
This children’s edition of the bestseller Black and British: A Forgotten History is beautifully illustrated in full-colour with maps, portrait galleries, timelines, photos and portraits.
667 in UK Primary January 2024
November 4th, 2021
AR book level: 7.3; Middle years; 2.0 points
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
4booksA Life Story Pack x 4
5booksWhat to Read After: The Iron Man Pack
- Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History
- Castles poster
4booksWomen Trailblazers Pack x 4
- Greek and Roman myths - Who's who poster
- Viking longhouse floor plan
- The Roman Colosseum - fact poster
- Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Anglo-Saxon Sites
- Dream Big: Heroes Who Dared to Be Bold (100 people - 100 ways to change the world)
- Greek Myths for Little Children
6booksLittle People, Big Dreams Pack x 6
- History Of The Asian Community In Britain
- Evacuee: A Real-Life World War ll Story
- Welcome to Consent
- The Story of Britain's Black Airmen
- My Story: D-Day
Get Ahead in Computing: Great Games
- My Story: Battle of Britain
10booksLittle People, Big Dreams Women Pack x 10
- Discover the Vikings: Warriors, Exploration and Trade
- Discover the Vikings: Everyday Life, Art and Culture
- My Hair
- Athena: The Story of a Goddess
Izzy Gizmo and the Invention Convention
5booksWhat to Read After: The Proudest Blue Pack
- Poems from the Second World War
- Oxford Student's Mathematics Dictionary