A Gangster Stole My Trunks
Buy this and your school gets £0.80 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
‘A hilarious adventure with heart for fans of The Worst Holiday Ever and Gangsta Granny featuring a gorgeous intergenerational relationship between a boy and his granddad … Brought to life with fabulous illustrations throughout – this package will delight readers’ LoveReading4Kids One boy’s mission to take down a team of super-villains … with the help of his boring, dishcloth-selling grandad? When Jesse’s grandad wins tickets to a retirement cruise and offers to bring Jesse along, Jesse is not exactly thrilled. A boat load of old age pensioners?! No thanks. Not to mention that he’s pretty sure his parents are going to be talking about a D.I.V.O.R.C.E. while he’s safely out of the way. But from the moment the pair arrive on the cruise ship, it’s a different story. Mysterious cat burglars, crime lords and smugglers all seem to be on board … and odder than that, Gramps knows them all! When an attempted murder occurs, Jesse decides it’s time to find out what they’re hiding, and catch the villain responsible. But Gramps might be hiding the biggest secret of all … can Jesse unravel the mystery, before time runs out?
- A hilarious adventure with heart for fans of The Worst Holiday Ever and Gangsta Granny
- Featuring a gorgeous intergenerational relationship between a boy and his grandad, who is determined to reconnect with his family before illness intervenes
- Brought to life with fabulous illustrations throughout – this package will delight readers.
Our July 2022 Ages 7-8 Book of the Month
Our book of the month for children aged 7 and over is A Gangster Stole My Trunks. This is perfect for young readers who are fans of silly stories such as Gangsta Granny and Sleepover Takeover. The story follows Jesse who finds himself on a boring, retirement cruise with his boring, dish-cloth selling granddad. Or so he thought…
From the moment Jesse arrives on the cruise, there are mysterious cat burglars, crime lords and smugglers surrounding him! Then, when there is an attempted murder, Jesse goes on a mission to find out what all these old age pensioners are hiding and to catch the villain. But Gramps is also hiding a secret, so can Jesse figure everything out before time runs out?
A Gangster Stole My Trunks is a hilarious and also heart-warming story that features important themes such as intergenerational relationships and family struggles such as divorce – it is a great tool to encourage conversations about these topics with children. This is also perfect book for encouraging reluctant readers as it is illustrated without and has a plot with full of mysteries, bombshells and silliness to keep them engaged.
July 7th, 2022
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- My Story: Nowhere to Run
- Scholastic Classics: Scottish Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends
- The Night My Dream Came Alive
5booksWhat to Read After: The Twits Pack
8booksIf You Like David Walliams Pack
My Dad Is Definitely Not a Crime Lord
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #15: The Deep End
- The Train to Impossible Places #2: The Great Brain Robbery
A Beginner's Guide to Ruling the Galaxy
- Space Detectives: Extra Weird Creatures
The Lighthouse Keeper: The Lighthouse Keeper's Tea
- The Naughtiest Unicorn on Holiday
5booksLittle Gems Ages 5-7 Pack x5
- Space Blasters: Suzie Saves the Universe
Britain's Smartest Kid ... On Ice!
4booksLollies 2023 Poetry Shortlist
- Narwhal and Jelly #3: Peanut Butter and Jelly
- You Don't Have to Be Loud
- Delivery to the Lost City
Babysitters Club Graphic Novel #3: Mary Anne Saves the Day
- Future Purrfect: A Graphic Novel (Sparks! #3)
- Bad Food: Bad Food 5: Night of the Living Bread
3booksPie Corbett's Independent Reading Packs: Year 1 Fairy Tales Pack x 3
- The Mountain Rescue Dog
- Naughtiest Unicorn on a Treasure Hunt
- Naughtiest Unicorn in a Winter Wonderland
- Sleepover Takeover
- Harley Hitch #3: Harley Hitch and the Fossil Mystery