Tom Gates #18: Ten Tremendous Tales
Buy this and your school gets £1.20 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 4/5 from 3 ratings
1 review (Add a review)
The absolutely brilliant, extra special eighteenth bestseller from multi-million copy selling author and illustrator Liz Pichon. A laugh-out-loud, fully illustrated collection of stories starring Tom Gates and his friends, family and foes! Featuring:
- A delicious chicken pie
- Getting stuck in a lift with Delia
- A teacher swap at school
- Some tiny ants in tiny pants and the adventures of Wafer Boy…
- Written in diary form
- Full of Tom’s doodles and pictures & his amazing sense of humour
- The Brilliant World of Tom Gates, was the winner of the Roald Dahl Funny Prize!
- Perfect gifts for boys & girls who love to laugh themselves silly
- The first TV series of The Brilliant World of Tom Gates won the Scottish BAFTA for Entertainment!
- Love Tom Gates? Don’t miss Liz Pichon’s spectacular Shoe Wars, a laugh-out-loud, gadget-packed adventure!
Our February 2022 Ages 9-10 Book of the Month
My February Book of the Month for children aged 9 and over has to be The Rollercoaster Boy. For Todd and Laurie, living with their Dad is a rollercoaster – he is either on top of the world, taking them on fun adventures, or down in the depths and sleeping all the time. On one of his better days, he whisks them away on holiday, promising a luxurious mansion, swimming pool, fairground, all-you-can-eat-buffets, and fireworks. The reality is a rundown dump – and the disappointment means Dad returns to bed. Todd and Laurie have the run of the place, and uncover an unsolved mystery of a famous novelist who vanished from her room on the top floor, which was locked from the inside…
This is the latest title from Lisa Thompson, one of my personal favourite authors and the award-winning author of the breakout debut The Goldfish Boy. The Rollercoaster Boy has the same middle-grade magic formula of humour, uncovering secrets and unravelling a page-turning mystery. In classic Lisa Thompson style, it is also extremely moving and full of heart. It tackles a tough but important topic of bipolar disorder, which the dad suffers from. Full of twists and turns, this is bound to be another beloved bestseller and favourite for years to come.
845 in SCB Offer September 2023
Tom Gates (book 18)
January 6th, 2022
Add a review
Customers also bought
Tom Gates #19: Random Acts of Fun
Curse of the School Rabbit
Tom Gates #20: Happy to Help (eventually)
- Tom Gates #17: Spectacular School Trip (Really.)
Tom Gates #19: Tom Gates 19: Random Acts of Fun
My Big Brother, Boris
Dog Man #9: Grime and Punishment
- Horrid Henry #112: Summer Fun
The Underland Chronicles #4: Gregor and the Marks of Secret
- Stage 1: Starting to Read: Bob Books: Beginning Readers Workbook
There's a Dragon in Your Book
- Chalk Tin Set
- The New Bum Series!: I've Broken My Bum!
- Tom Gates #16: Mega Make and Do and Stories Too!
- Dark Unicorns: The Midnight Unicorn
6copiesPoppy Field x 6
- Warrior in My Wardrobe
Alex Rider #5: Scorpia
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Diper Overlode
Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventure
19booksTom Gates Pack x19
- The Wonky Donkey: The Dinky Donkey
When Cucumber Lost His Cool
- World's Worst Pets
Dog Man #10: Dog Man: Mothering Heights
- Welcome to Consent
- I Hate Everything!
- Frankie's Magic Football #2: Frankie vs the Rowdy Romans
- Terror Kid