Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
Imagine if, on an ordinary day, war came. Imagine it turned your town to rubble. Imagine going on a long and difficult journey – all alone. Imagine finding no welcome at the end of it. Then imagine a child who gives you something small but very, very precious… This powerful and necessary picture book follows the journey of a child forced to become a refugee, when war destroys everything she has ever known.
- A poignant picture book by bestselling author Nicola Davies
- Inspired by a poem she wrote about the plight of child refugees
- The poem started a campaign and eventually became this book
- A simple way to explain the refugee crisis to young children
- Full of vivid descriptions, beautiful artwork and heartfelt emotion
- Nicola’s books include The Promise, Poo and Big Blue Whale
“Thought-provoking and poignant, it’s an excellent answer to the question of how to talk to children about war.” Guardian
“An incredibly powerful picture book … Cobb’s illustrations are both beautiful and devastating.” The Bookseller
This product has not been reviewed yet.