Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.00 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
All the dire predictions came true. The planet is drowning. Nothing can stop the waves rising. For Mara’s people, it’s sink or swim. (Get practising your front crawl.) It’s 2099. The Arctic ice has melted and the oceans have risen. The land is rapidly vanishing under storm-tossed waves. The tiny island of Wing, where Mara lives, is shrinking. There’s no choice about it: her people must escape. Huddling into tiny boats, they start their exodus to the only safe place they can find: a bizarre city that rises into the sky, built on the drowned remains of Glasgow. But even here there’s no safety. Shut out and threatened by murderous sea patrols, they must find a new land – or die.
- Shortlisted for the Whitbread Award and the Carnegie Medal
- An unforgettable tale of love and rebellion in a drowning future
- Explores a global catastrophe with epic scope and chilling vision
- First in a powerful trilogy that also includes Zenith and Aurora
“A miracle of a novel… a book you will remember for the rest of your life.” Guardian
“The most exciting book I’ve read all year.” Mail on Sunday
This product has not been reviewed yet.