Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.25 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Jacky’s first ever Second World War story! The dreamy, touching tale of an evacuee leaving home and finding a new place to belong. It’s 1939. The war has just started, and ten-year-old Shirley is being sent away on a train with her schoolmates. She doesn’t know where she’s going, or what’ll happen to her when she gets there. All she’s been told is that she’s going on ‘a little holiday’. Soon Shirley finds herself billeted in the country, with two boys – Kevin and Archie – from the East End of London. But living in the strange, half-empty Red House, under the eye of the mysterious and reclusive Mrs Waverley, is an experience that will change Shirley forever…
- A stunning World War Two story from a beloved author
- Brings the war alive in a tale of friendship and courage
- For fans of Hetty Feather and Goodnight Mister Tom
- Jacqueline Wilson has sold over 35 million books
February 1st, 2018
- 464 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.