Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
It’s 1987, and Ira and Zac are being uprooted to Skilly House, a children’s home. It’s tough being a care kid, and Ira reckons that if life doesn’t get better (or at least more interesting) she’s going to start inventing witches and castles and stuff like that. But as it turns out, she doesn’t have to. Life gets exciting all by itself… Set against a turbulent 1980s background of social upheaval and poll tax riots, this is a sad yet hopeful tale of growing up and learning to believe in yourself.
- A memorable and moving debut from a stellar new talent
- A tale of growing up, making friends and finding a home
- Published to huge acclaim from critics and the public
- Ideal for fans of Jacqueline Wilson and Elizabeth Laird
“This remarkable debut novel reads as if written by an experienced children’s author at the height of her powers.” Sunday Times
A truly, truly, truly lovely story…. Uplifting and heartwarming without ever being twee.” Bookbag
May 5th, 2016
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
- 208 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.