Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
The Thing About Jellyfish
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
A revelation: beautiful, weird, filled with grief, joy and mystery. History’s greatest thinkers can’t explain death. But Suzy is facing it down with a science report… Here one minute. Gone the next. Suzy just can’t get her head round it. They say that Franny, her best friend, drowned at the beach. But there’s no way Suzy can accept that. Franny was a strong swimmer. They met in swim class aged five, for heaven’s sake. There’s no way she would just have drowned. Maybe she was stung by a poisonous jellyfish…? And that’s how Suzy’s research project starts. She has to make sense of Franny’s death somehow. Or else (like the rest of us), she’ll be stuck in a scary and painful world where awful things just happen for no reason, and friends drift away, and people die…
- A powerful story of growth and acceptance: Judy Blume meets Mockingbird
- Explores themes of grief and loss, social isolation and broken friendships
- Achingly heartfelt story of learning to accept the way things really are
- A New York Times bestseller and a Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2015
September 1st, 2016
AR book level: 5.0; Middle years; 7.0 points
- 256 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.