Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Scientists Who Made History: Galileo Galilei
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Meet the people who shook the world with science! Being a brilliant scientist doesn’t have to be about sitting in a lab all day. The scientists in this series not only did amazing work; they led pretty amazing lives as well Like Galileo Galilei. This Italian astronomer proved that the Earth moves around the sun – which sounds pretty obvious today, but only because he was totally right! At the time, this idea was so shocking that Galileo was arrested and almost put to death. Luckily, he didn’t die – and during his life he also found time to invent a telescope, a pendulum clock and a cannonball-aiming device. Science, boring? NOT!
- A fascinating biography of a major scientific figure
- Full of quotes, pictures, maps, timelines and weblinks
- A highly readable blend of scientific facts and life story
- Perfect for science projects and for general interest reading
“A superb series… Excellent both for a library and for children and teachers to read as part of a science course.” TES
October 2nd, 2014
AR book level: 7.4; Middle years; 1.0 points
- 48 pages
This product has not been reviewed yet.