Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
The Middle of Nowhere
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
- All About You > BAME
- All About You > Books To Make You Think
- All About You > Coping with Death, Grief, and Loss
- All About You > Discrimination
- All About You > Families
- All About You > Friends and Friendship
- All About You > Prejudice and Tolerance
- Fiction > Historical Fiction
- Fiction > Literary Fiction
- Multicultural > Other
- PSHE and Citizenship
Comity is puzzling over one of life’s mysteries: why are people racist? Since her mum died of snakebite, Aboriginal yard boy Fred has been her only friend. Yet her father’s new assistant plays such cruel games with him… A dangerous fight for justice in the remote outback: this is kind of like an Aussie Holes (with an equally creepy villain). Dust, fierce heat, friendship, courage and stellar writing by a truly great storyteller. Plus, how can you argue with a first line like ‘The piano arrived too late to stop the sky falling in’?
- A Carnegie Medal shortlisted novel by Geraldine McCaughrean
- “A clear-sighted, beautifully written examination of racism and courage” – Metro
- Geraldine’s novels include The Kite Rider and Peter Pan in Scarlet
- She has published over 160 books and won a host of major awards
This book contains mature content.
May 1st, 2014
AR book level: 6.1; Middle years; 9.0 points
- 304 pages