Buy this and your school gets £1.40 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 20% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
This product has not been rated yet.
0 reviews (Add a review)
‘Some bright kid’s got a gun and 2000 rounds of live ammo. And that gun’s no pea-shooter. It’ll go through a brick wall at a quarter of a mile.’
Chas McGill has the second-best collection of war souvenirs in Garmouth, and he desperately wants it to be the best. When he stumbles across the remains of a German bomber crashed in the woods – its shiny, black machine-gun still intact – he grabs his chance. Soon he’s masterminding his own war effort with dangerous and unexpected results . . .
The Machine Gunners is Robert Westall’s gripping first novel for children set during World War Two and winner of the Carnegie Medal. Now with a brilliant cover look celebrating its fortieth anniversary.
Includes a bonus short story – ‘The Haunting of Chas McGill’ – and an extended biography of the author.
May 7th, 2015
Lexiles are the global standard in reading assessment. They are unique as
they are able to measure a child and a book on the same scale – ensuring
the right book gets to the right child at the right time.
For more details see What is a lexile?.
This product has not been reviewed yet.
Add a review
Customers also bought
- Fast Forward Orange: The Space Race (Non-fiction) Level 15
- Little Animal Ark: The Curious Kitten
- Little Animal Ark: The Midnight Mouse
- Marvel Avengers Assembly #2: The Sinister Substitute
- Little Animal Ark: The Lucky Lamb
Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Viking Sites
- Little Animal Ark: The Happy Hamster
- Jeremy Strong Pack
Totally: Gobsmacking Galaxy
Found! Anglo-Saxon Britain
The Bunker Diary
Horrible Histories: Ruthless Romans
- Horrible Geography: Raging Rivers
- PM Sapphire: Space Technology: In Space and on Earth (PM Guided Reading Non-fiction) Level 30
Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Anglo-Saxon Sites
6booksAncient Egypt Topic Pack
13booksAlex Rider Pack x13
Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Roman Sites
Newspapers from History: Viking Express
Britain in the Past: The Stone Age
- Scholastic Classics: Ghost Stories
- Prehistoric Britain: Skara Brae
Historic Places of the United Kingdom: Prehistoric Sites
The Kite Rider
- D-Day: The World War II Invasion That Changed History
Bombs and Blackberries: A World War Two Play
- Horrible Histories: Awful Egyptians
Discover the Vikings: Everyday Life, Art and Culture
5booksLouis Sachar Pack x 5