Shopping from United States? Please visit the correct site for your location.
Buy this and your school gets £1.75 to spend on books Orders of £10 or more will earn 25% of your order value back in Scholastic Rewards for your school.
Rated 4/5 from 20 ratings
- FREE UK delivery for schools on orders containing at least one paid item.
- FREE UK delivery on orders £25 or over
- £3.95 delivery charge on UK orders under £25
Book Club orders
- FREE delivery to schools
- Books will be despatched after the school's order is confirmed
UK delivery within 5-7 working days
Delivery charges and times vary for overseas addresses
Morpurgo’s epic triumph; the First World War story all the others look to. A play, a film, a book that all of us must read. In the deadly chaos of the Great War, one brave horse sees the horror of battle from both sides of the trenches. He forges great friendships, endures terrible losses, and is bombarded by bullets that knock the riders from his back. Joey sees the best and the worst of humanity; the power of war and the beauty of peace. This is his unforgettable story.
- The moving story of a brave horse in World War One
- Now a major film and award-winning theatre show
- Brings the war to life with skill and compassion
- Explores the role that animals played in the war
5166 in Schools Catalogue 2017/18
AR book level: 5.9; Middle years; 6.0 points
- 192 pages